Re: emacs-w3m

--- Begin Message ---
[Florian Weimer]

> pinard@iro.umontreal.ca (François Pinard) writes:

> > [Florian Weimer]

> >> Using w3m might have some nasty security implications (much like the
> >> embedded Internet Explorer in Microsoft Outlook).
> >
> > Please elaborate. :-)

> I don't trust w3m, it has a remarkable security record.

Your remark does not bring new information.  By "please elaborate", I was
inviting my correspondent to provide some facts on which an opinion could
be based, that is, more than the re-statement of an intuition or emotion...
Do you have some URL, pointer, flaw description, that could be verified?

`w3m' seems really speedy, and does reasonable work for tables, and at
least a little something for frames, so I would not like giving it up.
Let's see the real nature of the danger, and if there is anything serious,
if `w3m' could be salvaged -- it is most probably worth some effort! :-)

--- End Message ---