Problems with HTML entities (non-member post)

This is nice piece of software. Now my Emacs can finally do something
useful with HTML!

I thought emacs-w3m would be good for editing Wikis such as
http://zwiki.org. And indeed it is but it has one small problem. The ZWiki
syntax makes much use of double quotes as a means to generate links. When
editting with the text widgets of emacs-w3m, I find that the double quotes
have been converted to " This is not good.

This appears to be a peculiarlity of  emacs-w3m. The conversion to entity
syntax does not happen when I carry out the same operation in a w3m outside
of Emacs.

--- Alastair