Re: local CGI

TSUCHIYA Masatoshi <tsuchiya@namazu.org>:

> It is true that emacs-w3m does not support local CGI feature.  Why
> don't you use an emacs lisp client to look up a dictionary instead of
> it?

i don't need the dictionary at all, but it was the only way to get a
user-defined extension bound to a key.  with using the dictionary
mechanism, the default text in w3m can be the word under/before the
cursor, so with my modified dictionary command i could hit `w' (i
believe the default?) and search google for the word under the cursor.

otherwise i would have had to type in an URL or call it up from the
bookmarks, then edit it.  i don't even know how to "hot-edit" a
bookmark in w3m's minibuffer once it is selected, but before it is
used.

> By the way, if you make a patch to support local CGI and post it, I
> will be gladly to merge it.

i don't really know where to start.  could you give me a hint or two,
please?

clemens