Change in space syntax in CVS Emacs 21

The syntax for a blank space has been changed in the CVS version of
GNU Emacs 21.

The change was made because people's new habit of cleaning up spaces
at the ends of lines was removing necessary blank spaces.

Most of Emacs was shifted over (I forget what the new symbol is; I
have not paid much attention to this; perhaps it is ?\s).
Evidentally, the shift is pretty simple.

Howeve, w3m is not part of the CVS, so it was not changed.

When I tried loading w3m.el, I got this error message:

    Debugger entered--Lisp error: (invalid-read-syntax "?")
      edebug-original-read(#<buffer  *load*>)
      edebug-read(#<buffer  *load*>)
      eval-buffer(#<buffer  *load*> nil "w3m" nil t)
      ;;; Reading at buffer position 176059
      load-with-code-conversion("/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/w3m.el"
          "w3m" nil nil)
      load("w3m")
      eval((load "w3m"))
      eval-last-sexp-1(nil)
      eval-last-sexp(nil)
      call-interactively(eval-last-sexp)

and the line at buffer position 176059 is:

    (define-key map [?\C-c?\C- ] 'w3m-history-store-position)

Presumably, you will want to maintain previous versions of w3m.el, so
the best solution might be to put the leading versions into CVS.  (I
presume you have filled in the requisit legal papers, so no one will
can successfull rob either FSF or you.)

If you cannot find out about the changes in the ChangeLog, you might
ask

    Juanma Barranquero <lektu@terra.es>

about them.

    http://www.teak.cc                             bob@rattlesnake.com