[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
APEL 10.6 is released
- From: Yuuichi Teranishi <teranisi@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 11:16:09 +0900
- X-ml-name: emacs-w3m
- X-mail-count: 05371
APEL 10.6 is released.
Get it from:
This site is provisional, remember that the primary distribution
place for APEL is:
Changes in APEL 10.6:
* Fix for Emacs 21.1-21.3.
In Emacs 21.1-21.3, original definition of the function `make-temp-file' is
replaced to the new definition which has following differences:
- Optional argument `SUFFIX'.
- Explicit file mode setting (600) for temporary file.
But in APEL 10.5, the definition was not replaced correctly since there was
a problem in the compile-time condition checking.
This problem is fixed in APEL 10.6.
* Fix for Emacs 18.x.
In APEL 10.5, `make-temp-file' causes an error in Emacs 18.x.
APEL 10.6 fixes this problem.
(But according to the report from Yamaoka-san, some emacsen based on 18.x
(Mule 1.x) still have problem)
See the ChangeLog file for details.
APEL stands for A Portable Emacs Library. This package includes:
* emulation modules to share Emacs Lisp programs by various Emacsen
* basic functions to write portable Emacs Lisp programs
* modules to provide coding-system and MIME charset related features
* utilities to write portable CCL programs
XEmacs users should be careful of the following things:
* There are differences between the XEmacs APEL package and this.
Since some programs (e.g. Wanderlust, T-gnus and emacs-w3m) presume
that *this* version of APEL is used, you should replace the XEmacs
APEL package with it if you use those such programs. For example:
% rm -fr /usr/local/lib/xemacs/xemacs-packages/lisp/apel
% cd apel-10.6
% make install-package XEMACS=xemacs-21.4.12\
It does not mean the XEmacs APEL package is inferior, those versions
are simply different.
* In principle, APEL built by XEmacs with the Mule feature can be used
by only XEmacs with Mule. Similarly, APEL built by non-Mule XEmacs
can be used by only XEmacs without the Mule feature in principle.
This issue is not applied to the XEmacs APEL package.
Both the lists <email@example.com> and <firstname.lastname@example.org> are opened
for non-subscribed posters. Comments, suggestions, and bug fixes are
welcome. To subscribe those lists, see the README file.
Yuuichi Teranishi <email@example.com>
GPG Public Key: http://www.gohome.org/gpg/teranisi.asc
"Love is needing to be loved..."