Re: emacs-w3m fails with exit code 128

Hi,

> I'm using NtEmacs on WinXP Pro. I've installed Cygwin and compiled
> w3m. It works fine from the Cygwin terminal.  When I try to browse
> using "M-x w3m" I just get "Reading <site>..." and nothing ever gets
> displayed. In the *Messages* buffer, I get:

> Reading http://www.google.com...done
> Cannot retrieve URL: http://www.google.com (exit status: 128)
> Request sent, waiting for response...done

I don't know unfortunately how emacs-w3m works under NTEmacs, so
we need a help from those who use NTEmacs.  But I found a
Japanese page written by the emacs-w3m and NTEmacs user.  Here's
a translation:

http://www.fastwave.gr.jp/diarysrv/yukikaze/200305c.html

  Emacs doesn't depend on Cygwin.  Therefore w3m will call DLL
  of Cygwin when emacs-w3m calls w3m.  For that purpose, the
  `Path' environment variable needs to contain the directory
  where DLL has been installed.  Otherwise w3m won't work
  correctly.

Could it help you?
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>