Re: emacs w3m don't display gif images

Thanks for your response,

My emacs returns nil , must I rebuild an emacs to have gif support ??

Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

In [emacs-w3m : No.05567]
	Eric Chastan <eric.chastan@netcelo.com> wrote:

Hello all,

I have a problem with emacs w3m that don't display images. It seems to
be only on gif image that the problem occured.
If I run w3m alone all images are displayed even giff ones. I also
install libungif4-dev_4.1.0b1-2 as is it mentionned in the faq but the
problem persists.

Any advice ?

Could you evaluate[1] the following form in the *scratch* buffer?

(image-type-available-p 'gif)

If it returns nil, your Emacs has not been built to support gif.

[1] Type C-j at the end of the line.