Re: emacs-w3m underlines everything and mixes up URLs (new w3m-0.5?)

Clemens Fischer <ino-qc <at> spotteswoode.de.eu.org> writes:

 > i think it began after the last round of updating to the most recent CVS
 > versions of w3m and emacs-w3m:  after short usage
 >
 > (i) pages appear with all underlined text,
 >
 > (ii) after using google.com it happens that picking links from unrelated
 > pages take me back to the google result page!

I think this is only a problem with very recent CVS versions of Emacs. Perhaps
the src/Changelog entry dated 2004-03-26 is relevant.

In w3m-prepare-text-content, the delete-region call collapses any overlays so
that they start and end at (point-min), i.e, 1. When the " *w3m-work*" buffer is
inserted, the overlays now span (point-min) to (point-max); until very recently,
the overlays would still start and end at (point-min).

I don't know if there is any reason not to just delete these overlays. To work
around the problem, I'm using:

 (defadvice w3m-prepare-text-content (around remove-overlays activate)
   (with-current-buffer (ad-get-arg 2)
     (dolist (overlay (overlays-in (point-min) (point-max)))
       (delete-overlay overlay)))
   ad-do-it)

--
Dr. Matt Hodges