Fwd: Cannot get emacs-w3m to work

Could anyone help this?
--- Begin Message ---
Hello,

I use a current CVS Emacs and want to use emacs-w3m to have a browser in
it. w3m (0.5.1) is installed and works fine.

I installed emacs-w3m and I've put (require 'w3m-load) into my .emacs. I
tested emacs-w3m 1.4.1, 1.4.2 and 1.4.3.

When I do 'M-x w3m' and 'U www.google.de' I have the following message
in the mini buffer:

   Reading http://www.google.de/... (Type `C-c C-k' to stop
   asynchrounous prosess)

And the connection icon shows an active connection. But nothing
happens... (I've waited 10 minutes before I stopped this process.)

Then I tested w3m.sf.net. First I got the same message in the mini
buffer as above but right away I got

       Reading http://w3m.sourceforge.net/...done

But the *w3m* buffer remains empty.

Ok. Another site: clisp.sourceforge.net
The minibuffer shows

    Reading http://...
    Rendering...
    Fontifying...

But nothing except

    Location: http://clisp.sourceforge.net/

is in my *w3m* buffer.

I tried to reload a page with content type text/plain, but still
nothing.

All these sites can be viewed fine if i use w3m on a terminal emulator.

Any hints?

Regards,
Tassilo
--
Gnus gives you all the opportunity you could possibly want for
shooting yourself in the foot.