Re: mule-ucs

> Following the recommendations in the w3m manual, I installed mule-ucs in
> order to be able to display some special characters. I changed the value
> of w3m-use-mule-ucs accordingly,

You don't have to change the value of w3m-use-mule-ucs since it
will be set as t by default if emacs-w3m notices there is
Mule-UCS installed and the type of the external w3m program is
`w3m', not `w3m-m17n'.

Note: w3m version 0.5.x is recognized as the w3m-m17n type.  It
means w3m-ucs is not required if you are using such a version of
the external w3m program.  You can verify it by checking the
w3m-type Lisp variable.

> but there are problems loading w3m-ucs.
> When starting Emacs with this variable with that value, Emacs stops with
> the message ("Cannot open load file" "w3m-ucs"). So I removed this
> customization, and tried loading w3m-ucs with load-library, which resulted
> in this backtrace:

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (file-error "Cannot open load file" "w3m-ucs")
>   load("w3m-ucs")
>   load-library("w3m-ucs")
> * call-interactively(load-library)
>   execute-extended-command(nil)
>   call-interactively(execute-extended-command)

It suggests there's no w3m-ucs.elc (or w3m-ucs.el) installed.
The emacs-w3m installer of the author's version should install
it anyway, though.  Anyone?