Scripting emacs-w3m - need script blocking

I am a grateful that emacs-w3m exists.  It is very useful.  One
application I have is reading and saving web pages for later reference.

My question/problem is: my keyboard-macros and elisp-commands seem to fail
because URL opening in emacs-w3m is non-blocking.  The script runs
(w3m-goto-url "http://www.google.com";) ... and then finds another URL in
that w3m window and attempts to open that new URL.  This causes an error
complaining about an attempt to run an asynchronous process.

Is there a way to block my eLisp keyboard-macro while w3m-goto-url opens a
web page and then pick up when the macro is done?

Thank you,
Richard