Searching emacswiki.org

This bug report will be sent to the emacs-w3m development team,
 not to your local site managers!!
Please write in simple English, because the emacs-w3m developers
aren't good at English reading. ;-)

Please describe as succinctly as possible:
	- What happened.
	- What you thought should have happened.
	- Precisely what you were doing at the time.

Please also include any Lisp back-traces that you may have.
Dear Bug Team!

I am not able to use the search functions at emacswiki.org from
emacs-w3m.  There are two problems:

1. At the top of the emacswiki start page there is a text box for
searching but no associated go button.  On the web page it suffices to
press RETURN, but with emacs-w3m pressing return when the cursor is in
the text box is used to insert text from the minibuffer.  In short,
there is no way to post the search query from this text box.

2. At the bottom of the emacswiki start page there is another text box
for searching with associated go button, so here it is possible to
post a query.  But when I do, I get an Emacs error, like this:

eval: Wrong type argument: listp, "----_17477_64031_540903

sorting

----_17477_64031_540903

----_17477_64031_540903

Go!

----_17477_64031_540903--

"

I should add that I have no problem searching emacswiki.org using w3m
from the command line (not even problem #1: with w3m, typing return
after typing the search words posts the query).  Also, I have not had
problems with search text boxes in other web sites (e.g. dict.leo.org)

Steve Berman

System Info to help track down your bug:
---------------------------------------
emacs-w3m-version
 => "1.4.4"
emacs-version
 => "GNU Emacs 22.0.50.14 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.8.10)\n of 2006-04-17 on escher"
mule-version
 => "5.0 (SAKAKI)"
system-type
 => gnu/linux
w3m-version
 => "w3m/0.5.1"
w3m-type
 => w3m-m17n
w3m-compile-options
 => ("lang=en" "m17n" "image" "color" "ansi-color" "mouse" "gpm" "menu" "cookie" "ssl" "ssl-verify" "external-uri-loader" "nntp" "gopher" "ipv6" "alarm" "mark")
w3m-language
 => nil
w3m-command-arguments
 => nil