Re: Strange characters displayed in lists

> Some characters can not be displayed correct on my system. They are
> replaced by a placeholder rectangle.

Could you let me know the url(s) where you looked at such
characters?

> I use utf-8 as coding system:

> (setq w3m-coding-system 'utf-8
>       w3m-file-coding-system 'utf-8
>       w3m-file-name-coding-system 'utf-8
>       w3m-input-coding-system 'utf-8
>       w3m-output-coding-system 'utf-8
>       w3m-terminal-coding-system 'utf-8)

> One example are lists.

> Hitting C-x = gives the following for this character:
> Char: â–¡ (299233, #o1110341, #x490e1, file ...) point=284 of 5418 (5%) column=6

It might not be strange.  In other words, it might exactly be
what the author intended.  How this looks with another web
browser?  Although I'm not so familiar with Emacs' unicode
system, I know it sometimes does unwilling conversion on some
characters.  For instance, it happens with the Japanese wide
rectangle character:

PNG image

(B> My question is now:
(B> Is there a way to show a different character instead of the rectangle?
(B
(BIt depends on the original html source whether it is possible.
(BMaybe.