Re: Don't Want to Feel Lucky

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 16:23:07 +0900 Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

>> how do i disable this "google feeling lucky" feature?
>
> There seems to be no option to do that.  Do you think it is
> necessary?  Here's a makeshift:

Yes i think so.  First of all for me it's pretty annoying to
get to some random page when i mistype an URL.

Second there are reasons to avoid using google.  If you have
a look at their never expiring cookie there is no doubt that
they don't give a f*** about the privacy of their users.

> (defadvice w3m-input-url (before disable-feeling-lucky activate)
>   "Disable the `google feeling lucky' feature."
>   (ad-set-arg 4 nil))

Thanks,  I'll try it.

David