[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: any hope for a emacs-w3m release?
- From: Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:28:34 +0900
- X-ml-name: emacs-w3m
- X-mail-count: 09537
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> In [emacs-w3m : No.09535] timotheus wrote:
> Hi. I'm just curious if emacs-w3m has any hope or plans of a future
> release. It's been a few years.
There are three TODOs that stop the release. Here is a translation
of the part of the BUGS.ja file that is only in the CVS trunk:
1. A url containing non-ASCII characters should be encoded just
before sending it to a server.
2. Map many faces to various type of forms. It is mainly for
blind users who use emacspeak, which speaks with different
voice for different face.
3. Install xml.el properly for systems in which it is not
As far as I can tell, 1. is trivial and 3. seems to be no longer
necessary nowadays. And 2. is only a matter of time to do that.
If anything, the main problem will probably be that the developers
(especially the boss ;-) all have no time.