Re: character issue

Hi,

How does your speech synth speak the following apostrophe?

Freedom’s Watch

Since I found many web sites that offer the sentence that you
cited using utf-8 charset, I tried writing this message with
utf-8.  If the synth speaks it wrongly, I guess it does not
support such a character.  But if it does, the problem will be
due to emacs-w3m, or your configuration.  In the latter case, we
probably need to know the whole contents of your .emacs file and
.emacs-w3m.el file, and the locale information in your system.
Because I have never encountered such a problem nowadays.  Though,
I have no idea what to do with them for the moment.

Otherwise, we can offer a filter program that converts the
apostrophe in question into the ASCII character for emacs-w3m.

Regards,