Re: tool bar icon size problems

> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 10:06:32 +0900,
> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]

>> No frame size change is observed here.

>> emacs-w3m-version => "1.4.257" emacs-version => "GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1
>> (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.5)\n of 2008-02-18 on pastis"
>> (featurep 'gtk) => t w3m-version => "w3m/0.5.2+cvs-1.1001"

>> Maybe it depends on the system (a window manager issue?).

> We have the same emacs-w3m version and pretty close Emacsen, and gtk is
> also t here.  Your w3m is a bit more recent than mine.  Can't really
> tell whether it's WM issue, but I'm sending a *.png with the emacs-w3m
> buffer and another with a standard *scratch* buffer.  Note the space
> around the icons in emacs-w3m; can't recall if that's the way it looked
> before I started seeing this problem.  The size jumping happens only in
> frame height.  Thanks.

I could reproduce this by changing the value of the variable
`w3m-toolbar-configurations'.  The default value for GTK is:

'((tool-bar-button-margin . global))

It means the real value of `tool-bar-button-margin' in the *w3m*
buffer is derived from the global value, i.e., the one in another
Emacs buffer.  It doesn't cause the frame height jumping in my
system, but I tried changing the value to

'((tool-bar-button-margin . 10))

and could reproduce it.  I could also reproduce it by using the
big icons, which are in the icons30/ directory in the emacs-w3m
trunk.

There will be two ways to solve the problem.  If the emacs-w3m
icons are smaller than the ones that Emacs uses, try customizing
the `w3m-toolbar-configurations' variable into the suitable value.
For example:

(setq w3m-toolbar-configurations
      '((tool-bar-button-margin . 10)))

If the emacs-w3m icons are bigger than the ones that Emacs uses,
You will need to customize both `w3m-toolbar-configurations' and
the global value of `tool-bar-button-margin'.
For example:

(setq tool-bar-button-margin 7
      w3m-toolbar-configurations
      '((tool-bar-button-margin . 1)))