Re: w3m and wav files

From: Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said
Subject: [emacs-w3m:10093] w3m and wav files
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 05:06:05 +0200

> Could someone please tell me how to get w3m to invoke external player
> for an audio link.
>
> e.g here there are links to the German pronunciation of each letter in
> the alphabet.
>
> http://german.about.com/library/anfang/blanfang_abc.htm

This server use "audio/x-wav" context-type for wave files.

> Despite me modifying w3m-content-type-alist it still just
> opens the file as a binary when I hit enter on the link to the wav
> file. What should I do?

So, is writing to the following for this server.

(unless (assoc "audio/x-wav" w3m-content-type-alist)
  (setq w3m-content-type-alist
	(cons '("audio/x-wav" "\\.wav$" ("play" file))
	      w3m-content-type-alist)))

You can change "play" to your favorite audio player.
thanks.

--
Hideyuki SHIRAI (mailto:shirai@xxxxxxxxxxx)