Re: Save the SOURCE of the current page to a file

(In CVS, the `M-d' key is now bound to the `w3m-download' command.)

> We see
> d       Download the file or the page under point.

That is the shortened version of the doc string of the
corresponding function `w3m-download-this-url'.  It says:

Download the file or the page pointed to by the link under point.

> Please say
> d       Download the URL under point.
> to match the error message "No URL at point".

And your suggestion is good also in the point that description
displayed in the major mode info had better be brief and clear.
I've updated it in this way in the emacs-w3m CVS trunk.

> We also find
> M-i     Save the image under point to a file.

I see.  It matches the error message "No image at point".

> OK, but we are still missing a command to
>         Save the SOURCE of the current page to a file.

That is the same as just what `M-x w3m-download' does.  So I don't
think introducing the new function, like `w3m-save-source', is
necessary.  As you mentioned in the article[1], the main problem
seems to be that the `w3m-download' command is not bound to a key
in the Lynx-like keymap even though that is available in the Info-
like keymap.

> Currently we must do "\ C-x C-w filename", or
> "B d filename".

Note that `\ C-x C-w filename' doesn't necessarily save the source
that is identical to the original.  You may want to do `4 \'
instead of `\'.  See the doc string of `w3m-view-source'.

> Also mention what to do on (info "(emacs-w3m)Downloading").

> Maybe make it bound to
> d runs the command w3m-download-this-url
> as "1 d": download current page we are browsing.

Currently the prefix argument given to the `d' command specifies
not using the cached source (i.e. make it reload the source).

I've added to the Lynx-like keymap the `M-d' key for the command
`w3m-download'.  In the non-window system, you can use `ESC d'
instead.

[1] http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.w3m/7647

Regards,