Re: Patch for sb-slashdot.el

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:
>> Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:
>>> character, so that you can access them by pressing the ``Next Page''
>>> button in the article buffer.  Setting this variable to @code{nil} will
>>> deactivate retrieval of comments.
>
>> Isn't this `Next Page button' feature Gnus-specific one, isn't it?  If
>> so, it might be better to describe about it (adding 'in Gnus' or
>> something would be enough) so that non-Gnus users won't get confused.
>
> Oh, I realized it just now.  In the `shimbun-slashdot-get-comments'
> section of the Info,
>
>     `shimbun-slashdot-get-comments'
>                     [...] They are separated from the intro text
>           through a linefeed character, [...]
>                     ^^^^^^^^
> you meant it is *formfeed*, isn't it, David?

Yes. I got my ASCII confused. :-)

>I agree to Naohiro.  There are not only Gnus users but also Mew users
>and Wanderlast users running shimbun.

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. Please change the documentation as
needed. I don't know how Mew and Wanderlust handle formfeed characters
in article buffers (it seems at least Mew handles them as page breaks,
but doesn't display a button like Gnus does?). If the formfeed creates
any problems or unwanted behaviour with other readers, I could either
completely remove it, or maybe just put it in if the shimbun is used
within Gnus?

-David