Re:

>     I am trying to setup w3m to browse webpages/news groups through my
>     "Aquamacs" (which is built on top of emacs 22) for Mac OS 10.4

> OS: Mac 10.4.11.

> Following are the steps followed on my macbook and the error at the bottom,
> anybody's help is much appreciated?
> 1. Downloaded w3m from the link - emacs-w3m-1.4.4.tar.gz
> 2. Unzipped/tared the file in my home directory - ~/emacs-w3m-1.4.4/
> 3. Started command shell in Aquamacs (M-x shell)
> 4. Now ran the command -
> $ pwd
> .../emacs-w3m-1.4.4/
> $ ./configure
> checking for makeinfo... makeinfo
> checking for texi2dvi... texi2dvi
> checking for ptex... false
> checking for jbibtex... false
> checking for egrep... egrep
> checking for emacs... /usr/bin/emacs
> checking what a flavor does /usr/bin/emacs have... cat: ./conftest-7107: No
> such file or directory

I remember dimly that I saw such a problem and fixed, though I
don't recall what I did then.  Sorry.  If you have time, could
you try the latest emacs-w3m that is under development?  That is:

http://cvs.namazu.org/emacs-w3m.tar.gz

To use this, you need to run the GNU autoconf command first to
make the configure script.  If you don't have autoconf installed,
please use this:

http://www.jpl.org/tmp/configure

Regards,