Re: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

From: jidanni@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [emacs-w3m:10488] Re: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 11:38:42 +0800

> NA> M-x toggle-debug-on-error.
> NA> http://www.lyricstime.com/marvin-gaye-got-to-give-it-up-lyrics.html ?)
>
> NA> Regards,
> I see, when using WWWOFFLE, etc. some pages might not have titles.
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil)
>   string-match("\\`gg:" nil)
>   byte-code(...
> " [w3m-uri-replace-alist elem --cl-dolist-temp-- uri x nil
>   string-match apply functionp w3m-pattern-uri-replace throw
>   found-replacement error "Invalid replacement: %s"] 5)
>   w3m-uri-replace(nil)
>   w3m-goto-url(nil nil nil nil nil nil (nil (:title "<no-title>") (1)))
>   w3m-view-previous-page(1)
>   call-interactively(w3m-view-previous-page)
>
> So emacs-w3m should be prepared for pages without titles.

I don't think this is the point. It is strange that `nil' url is added
to the emacs-w3m's history. Could you tell us what pages you browsed
before (in detail as it possible) when this bug occur. (You may want
to use w3m-history(maybe bound to `s') to help remembering)

;; I begun to try WWWOFFLE, but nothing happened yet.

Regards,