Re: w3m-search-engine-alist thinks the default is Japanese

In [emacs-w3m : No.11301] jidanni@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>   w3m-search-engine-alist is a variable defined in `w3m-search.el'.
>   Its value is shown below.

>  ("google-en" "http://www.google.com/search?q=%s&hl=en&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8"; utf-8)
>  ("google news" "http://news.google.co.jp/news?hl=ja&ie=utf-8&q=%s&oe=utf-8"; utf-8)

> My God, this is totally from a Japanese point of view.
> Shouldn't things be from a English or neutral point of view by default?
> My God.

It will happen only if the user option `w3m-language' is set to
"Japanese".  The default value of `w3m-language' is determined
according to whether Emacs' language environment (actually the
value of `current-language-environment') is "Japanese" or not.
Haven't you set it to "Japanese", e.g.,

(set-language-environment 'Japanese)

, for some reason?  Even so, you can set `w3m-language' to nil
in the ~/.emacs file (not the ~/.emacs-w3m.el file) before