Re: page with many images makes one want to killall emacs

In [emacs-w3m : No.11418] jidanni@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hitting T (T runs the command w3m-toggle-inline-images) on
> http://code.google.com/p/google-maps-icons/#All_the_markers is a perfect
> opportunity for developers to please investigate methods of stopping
> emacs-w3m with C-c C-k (runs the command w3m-process-stop), or C-g, to
> increase the ability of one being able to stop emacs-w3m from doing
> something we regretted (asking for too many pictures), without needing
> to resort to killall emacs.

`(setq w3m-async-exec nil)' is a workaround.  This enables `C-g'
to stop it, though you'll probably not care much for it.  Normally
emacs-w3m works asynchronously to fetch and to display images.
Why `C-c C-k' doesn't work seems to be that there's no time slot
in which Emacs accepts that command because of many asynchronous
processes at a time.  I have no idea.  Sorry.

;; (sit-for 0) in each process might do the trick.  But it's ever
;; been tried, hasn't it?