Cannot log in

Is there something special I need to do/set to login to a site? I have

(setq w3m-use-cookies t)
(setq w3m-add-referer t)
;;(setq w3m-command-arguments
;;      (nconc w3m-command-arguments
;;             '("-o" "http_proxy=http://localhost:8118/";)))
(the commented out part is an optional, Tor, proxy, and logging in
doesn't work with or without this).

I get:
,----
| vBulletin Message
|
| You have entered an invalid username or password. Please enter the correct
| details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive.
| Forgotten your password? Click here!
|
| You have used 2 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will
| be unable to login for 15 minutes.
`----

but actually, I know the username and password are correct, and can
login using other browsers.

--
Gary        Please do NOT send me 'courtesy' replies off-list.