Re: error in process sentinel: Empty string for buffer name is not allowed

Billy <web@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello.
> I see a bug when accessing the following site using emacs-w3m:
> http://duckduckgo.com/lite/ - this works, but:
> https://duckduckgo.com/lite/ - prints the following error message:
> error in process sentinel: generate-new-buffer: Empty string for
> buffer name is not allowed
> error in process sentinel: Empty string for buffer name is not allowed
>
> https://duckduckgo.com/lite/?q=test - this works, but clicking 'Next
> Page' prints the same error message.
>
> Using Ubuntu 10.10:
> emacs-w3m 1.4.394+0.20100524-1 (package w3m-el-snapshot)
> emacs 23.1.50.1
>
> Thank you.

Hi Billy,

What version of w3m and w3m-emacs are you using? I tried both of your
examples using the latest versions and could not reproduce your errors.

I actually use duckduckgo's lite SSL as my main search engine and have
never had problems.

Eric