Re: the w3m keys should work even if on a gnus header

KY> (defadvice mm-inline-text-html-render-with-w3m (after add-some-w3m-keys...

Sorry, I didn't realize it was so complicated. (P.S., I find that that
code you wrote needs to be in .emacs, not .emacs-w3m as one doesn't know
if emacs-w3m or gnus will be loaded first.) Anyway, one would then want to
jump to images right from *Subject*...

So you are right... too risky... maybe I should back out from this
approach, and just ask "what would be the standard best way to jump to
the first image from *Subject*"? "h C-n C-n C-n }" ?