Re: giant binary download buffer displayed

In [emacs-w3m : No.11893] jidanni@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/台灣大道
> I click the link...

> Reading http://taiwanblv.civil.taichung.gov.tw/TCCCIV/Web/DownLoad/臺灣
> 大道對照表10107.xls...done

> Then it displays the whole megabytes file in a buffer and asks me the
> download type.

> Don't you think displaying (the bottom) of a giant binary file in a
> buffer is not so wise?

Indeed.  I've made a change so as to display only the beginning
part and the end part of raw contents briefly.

> Actually nothing bad seemed to happen, and the buffer was deleted
> successfully after I made my choice, but it still seems kind of
> dangerous memory-wise.

Raw contents displayed was the real contents of the buffer that
is used to be saved or passed to an external viewer.
So, the buffer and memory are necessary, not wasted.