Re: user has no relief (other than lynx) when text is too wide

In [emacs-w3m : No.12003] jidanni@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> OK. Say, maybe it is all a rendering mistake...
> No matter how wide the terminal is,
> emacs-w3m always renders
> http://kml4earth.appspot.com/kmlBestPractice.html about 17
> characters too wide.

Emacs-w3m requests w3m to retrieve web contents from the net and
return preprocessed data (namely `halfdump') in specified width.
Only this is what emacs-w3m does to control the display width of
web contents.  That is, how the contents are displayed is mainly
due to what w3m does.

The width, that w3m is told, is determined by emacs-w3m according
to the value of `w3m-fill-column'.  If it is -1, the default,
the width will be the window width of Emacs currently running.

The cause of your (and all our) problem is that w3m doesn't obey
the specified width as the case may be.  I suspect there is a
simple bug that w3m forgets to count the left margin when filling
table lines.  We probably have nothing to do for it.

A workaround:

(setq w3m-fill-column 64)

Where the number is pretty small than the actual window width.