Re: [BUG] in url-construction in `w3m-form-submit'

Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> writes:

> In [emacs-w3m : No.12107] Thorsten Jolitz wrote:
>> Hi List,
>> [repost from emacs-help]

Hi Katsumi,

> Thanks for the thorough investigation.
>
>> * Steps to reproduce:
>
>> 1. Create an account for the PicoLisp Wiki
>>    goto
>>    http://picolisp.com/5000/-2.html?*ID=$login
>>    enter name and password and click OK
>
> The first problem I faced was that pressing the [Create account]
> button didn't let emacs-w3m visit the new account creation form.
> It says:
>
> Cannot retrieve URL:
> http://picolisp.com/5000/13815749787811391~-2.html?*Menu=
> +0&*Tab=+1&*ID=$login
>
> Ok, "http://picolisp.com/5000/" should be replaced with a base url
> that the page specifies as you described.  So, I tried making
> `w3m-form-parse-and-fontify' prefer `w3m-current-base-url' rather
> than `w3m-current-url', and then I got the new account creation
> form successfully.  Could you try the latest emacs-w3m CVS repo?

I tried, and it works like a charme now.

> So far I'm unable to try logging in, since I haven't yet gotten
> an initial password by a mail reply.

You discovered a bug in the PicoLisp wiki - the account creation
mechanism was not adjusted to the recently introduced password
encryption in the wiki database. This is fixed now too.

The PicoLisp application framework is explicitly designed such that
_all_ pages and forms works without JS too, so its a perfect fit for
(emacs-)w3m. Great to be able to browse PicoLisp webapps with emacs-w3m
now, thanks for the quick fix.

--
cheers,
Thorsten