Re: better solution for html mails?

that has been posted to gnu.emacs.gnus as well.

asjo@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Adam Sjøgren) writes:

> Lars wrote shr (which eww uses) for showing HTML
> emails. Maybe try that, and see if it suits
> you better?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he write eww as
well? So shouldn't you get the same "both" ways?

In my experience, which is limited to a short test of
eww, I admit, Emacs-w3m is the best web browser for
Emacs, and the best text-based browser all categories
(tho I assume it does images for a GUI Emacs).
Because text-based programs are always better than GUI
ditto, Emacs-w3m is the best browser in the world!

                . ~ * jubilation * ~ .

So why not try that?

(I CC this to the w3m mailing list which is

    emacs DASH w3m AT&T namazu DOS org

- people always deserve appreciation that is true)

Now...

HTML mails aren't exactly what anyone is encouraged to
use. But thanks to Gnus, when it happens, the
repercussions can be limited. Try this: you should now
never see it, and if you do, it will look the best :)

    (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'w3m)
    (setq mm-discouraged-alternatives '("text/html"
                                        "text/richtext"))

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573