Re: Redirection through tinyurl to a URL with pound sign does not resolve correctly

Thanks Katsumi!

I'll give that a try.

-bg

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 3:49 PM, Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 29 Dec 2016 12:23:48 -0800, Brent Goodrick wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/zp5yh8t is mapped to
> https://deskthority.net/workshop-f7/my-diy-keyboard-collection-or-how-i-became-a-kb-geek-t2534-30.html#p47258

> Use (w3m "http://tinyurl.com/zp5yh8t") and see that emacs does not
> display the correct thing. It rips off the stuff after the pound sign.

> Using w3m directly from an xterm shows it properly. See the screenshot
> I took at http://imgur.com/a/X0MDb

> I am using latest code checked out from CVS as of today (Thu Dec 29
> 12:23:18 PST 2016).

Try latest w3m (not emacs-w3m):

$ git clone git://anonscm.debian.org/collab-maint/w3m.git

It is Debian's but works on at least Fedora 25 and Cygwin as
well.  Though I don't know what is bad in the old w3m/0.5.3, I
could reproduce the bug in question, and verified that the new
w3m/0.5.3+git20170102 works with no problem.

Regards,