Re: w3m-external-view-this-url obsolete?

Ok great. I'll continue to remap the M key back to the "external" functions.

Thanks again for your advice!
-bg

On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 6:31 PM, Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@xxxxxxx> wrote:
In [emacs-w3m : No.12627]
        On Sat, 07 Jan 2017 10:15:08 -0800, Brent Goodrick wrote:
> (make-obsolete 'w3m-external-view-this-url 'w3m-view-url-with-browse-url
>            "2013-10-17")
[...]
> That is marked as obsolete via make-obsolete.  If I remap M to point to
> w3m-external-view-this-url, will it break in the future? I interpret "obsolete"
> to mean that it will get removed in the future.

We have no reason to remove it if a user really needs it. ;)
The reason for having changed the command bound to the `M' key
was that the behavior of the present one simply took my fancy[1].
Having made them obsolete was overkill, I think now, so I deleted
those marks with `do not delete' comments.

Thanks for pointing it out.
Regards,

[1] It begun with: http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/ml/msg12082.html
Before the change the commands bound a key or a menu as follows:
w3m-external-view-this-url
 -> Menu-bar, Link-menu (that mouse-3 pops up)
w3m-external-view-current-url
 -> Menu-bar
w3m-view-url-with-external-browser
 -> M-key, Tab-menu