Re: w3m-filter-delete-regions feature enhancements (patch included)

In [emacs-w3m : No.12655]
On Mon, 29 May 2017 21:57:19 -0400, Boruch Baum wrote:
> (defun my-w3m-filter-delete-regions (url start end &optional without-start without-end use-regex)
>   "Delete regions surrounded with a START pattern and an END pattern.

>   If argument WITHOUT-START is t, do not delete START strings.
>   If argument WITHOUT-END is t, do not delete the END strings.
>   If argument USE-REGEX is t, treat START and END as REGEXes"

Sorry, I'm negative to introduce such a function to emacs-w3m
because:

・Though `w3m-filter-delete-regions' might used to have been
  useful when emacs-w3m was appearing, I don't think it's so
  effective nowadays.  Web contents are always liquid.  For
  instance, many of shimbun modules that filter out ads using
  a similar function are now not working.
・I think it would be better for a user to create one's custom
  filter function dedicated to a certain purpose.
・Emacs-w3m is not a collection of function usage examples.

Regards,