Re: Symbol's function definition is void: w3m-browse-url

Boruch Baum <boruch_baum@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> Where is the function w3m-browse-url? Where is it supposed to come from?
>
> 'w3m.el'
>
> Your friends for this type of answer are:
>
> 1] `C-h f' within emacs, if the package has been loaded;
>
> 2] 'grep -r "(defun w3m-goto-url-new-session" *.el'

I found it in the end. It was in a compressed w3m.el.gz so searching the
file system wasn't turning it up. (There was a compiled .elc too).

And the lines I had somehow lost were:

(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m")

(require 'w3m-load)

(setq w3m-icon-directory "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m")

I don't know where those came from originally, or why they
disappeared. I have probably gone through all this before and forgotten
all about it.

Thanks to you and Katsumi for your replies.