Re: w3m-view-this-url-new-session in background

In [emacs-w3m:13543]
On Thu, 12 Sep 2019 00:39:45 +0200, Michael Heerdegen wrote:
> What I want to have is what S-RET (w3m-view-this-url-new-session) does
> but in the background - a feature that is known from other web browsers.
> That doesn't exist in w3m yet (at this level), correct?

Currently G (w3m-goto-url-new-session) does it when
`w3m-new-session-in-background' is set to non-nil (default nil).
It picks a url of a link under the cursor as the default place to
go to, so you can use G as a substitute for S-RET in most cases.

> If not, I would suggest to add it.  Or better use the currently unused
> prefix arg of `w3m-view-this-url-new-session' to control the behavior.
> I think ideally the default should be user configurable, and the prefix
> arg would should the default behavior.

I think so, too.  I'm going to work on it.  Thanks.