Re: stealing a code snippet

In [emacs-w3m:13692]
On Thu, 05 Nov 2020 08:06:34 -0500, Boruch Baum wrote:
> Someoone on the emacs-devel list found a bug in pathna me encoding of
> trash-files, and I see a fix already exists in emacs-w3m. Can I 'steal'
> the code? Under what attribution conditions? Here's an elisp explanation of
> the issue:

Hmm, I don't see what is a bug.  Do you mean a binary output?
But isn't it what `url-unhex-string' is expected to do?  In
eww.el, for example, Lars decodes it using `decode-coding-string'.

Anyway, anyone is free to use emacs-w3m code in Emacs, I think.
I don't know what portion of `w3m-url-decode-string' you are
about to use, though.