Re: GNU Emacs 21 and the tool-bar-button-* variables

Hi,

Pavel>> (defvar w3m-e21-toolbar-configurations

Pavel> Is there any reason to fiddle with these variables at all?

The variable `w3m-e21-toolbar-configurations' is originated from
`wl-e21-toolbar-configurations' which is used in Wanderlust.
The reason why I have made it in Wanderlust is that I think it
is useful to make users satisfy their own preference.  Since
Emacs' toolbar variables are applied to the whole Emacs frames,
users cannot modify the look of the Wanderlust frame even though
they feel the global values of the toolbar variables make the
Wanderlust frame too ugly.

This is a variable, not a constant.  So you can set it to nil.
The default non-nil value is meaningful.  It lets users take
notice of that they can customize the toolbar visibility on the
w3m frame, as you have encountered it.
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>