Re: emacs-w3m

Hi,

>>>>> In [emacs-w3m : No.02588]
>>>>>	Jack Twilley <jmt@twilley.org> wrote:

Jack> I tried to install emacs-w3m, but the compilation failed because
Jack> it couldn't find something called ccl.el.  Where do I find that
Jack> file?

I suppose you are using XEmacs without MULE.  For XEmacs-MULE,
the feature `ccl' should be built-in which is provided in
lisp/mule/mule-ccl.el.  We are sorry that almost all versions of
emacs-w3m does not support non-MULE Emacsen.  Except that the
version 1.2.4 barely supports them.  The tarball is available
from:

  http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/w3m_el-1.2.4.tar.gz

I have tested it using XEmacs 21.4.6 without MULE a little while
ago.  Even if some errors have occurred while compiling, it
surely works (this is the first time for me to use XEmacs
without MULE :-).

By the way, almost all developers on emacs-w3m have no time to
make it better for non-MULE Emacsen.  Sorry for disappointment.
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>