Re: ccl required for 1.2.6

Hello,

> Greetings, I have tried building emacs-w3m version 1.2.6 for use with
> XEmacs 21.4, with and without mule-ucs and mule-base installed, but it
> always fails on load-library saying it cannot find "ccl".  Ccl is
> provided by mule-ccl, so I don't know what is going on.

Hm, my best guess is that you are using the official APEL
package (or possibly SUMO, which contains APEL).  I noticed
there's a serious problem in pccl.elc which is included in:

  ftp://ftp.xemacs.org/packages/apel-1.21-pkg.tar.gz

It has been compiled for XEmacs with MULE!  Try the following:

  M-x byte-compile-file
  Byte compile file: (somewhere you've installed APEL)/pccl.el

Otherwise, you may use the original APEL which is available in:

  ftp://ftp.m17n.org/pup/mule/apel/apel-10.3.tar.gz

> 1.2 I successfully built, but it seems to not support image display
> that is available in the current w3m 0.3.

I have three types of XEmacs 21.4.6 installed.  Running them
with -vanilla option, they respond to

 (list (featurep 'mule) (featurep 'file-coding) (featurep 'ccl))

with (t t t), (nil t nil), and (nil nil nil).  And I can build
and run emacs-w3m fine for all those XEmacsen.

P.S.
We almost Japanese people are going to have a week off for the
vacation after today. :-)
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@namazu.org>