How to use emacs-w3m on Windows 2000? (non-member post)

I am a web developer stuck on Windows 2000 (there are
many of us as we must test on the Internet Explorer
browser).  I use Gnu Emacs 21.2 on Windows 2000 (Win2K
with Service Pack 2), and I have just about the latest
Cygwin on my system (bash shell that runs on Windows
within a unix-like system).

I built and installed w3m on Cygwin but now am trying
to see how to install w3m_el on Win2K.  The 'make' and
 'make install' scripts don't work for me since my
installation of Emacs runs right on top of DOS, not
Cygwin.

Thank you for your fine work,
  - CB

=====
". . . / This Cabinet is formd of Gold / And Pearl & Crystal shining bright
And within it opens into a World / . . .
Another England there I saw / Another London with its Tower
Another Thames & other Hills / And another pleasant Surrey Bower
. . ."
- from "The Crystal Cabinet", a poem by William Blake.