Re: How to use emacs-w3m on Windows 2000?

Hi,

>> On Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:58:26 -0700 (PDT)
>> christopherbalz@yahoo.com (Christopher Balz) said as follows:

> I built and installed w3m on Cygwin but now am trying to see how to
> install w3m_el on Win2K.  The 'make' and 'make install' scripts
> don't work for me since my installation of Emacs runs right on top
> of DOS, not Cygwin.

I implemented new installer for non-UNIX systems which lacks an
ability to execute `configure' script or have no `make' utility.
It was committed into our CVS repository, so, could you retrieve the
last version from CVS and give a try it?  The method to access our CVS
repository is shown in our official WEB page:

    http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/

In order to install programs and icons with the new installer, type as
follows:

    emacs -batch -q -no-site-file -l w3mhack.el NONE -f w3mhack-nonunix-install

If you want to install programs and icons into unusual directories,
edit `w3mhack.el' and set your request to `w3mhack-nonunix-lispdir'
and `w3mhack-nonunix-icondir'.

When optional modules, such as FLIM, are installed into unusal places,
the installer may miss them.  In this case, it is necessary to tell
their places to the installer, as follows:

    emacs -batch -q -no-site-file -l w3mhack.el //c/home/elisp/flim -f w3mhack-nonunix-install

--
TSUCHIYA Masatoshi