error when loading emacs-w3m when start xemacs (non-member post)

Hello! Each time I start xemacs I get the following error message
pertaining to emacs-w3m:

Unknown key-sequence specifier: 67108896

This error is caused by the following line in ~/.xemacs/init.el

(require 'w3m)

If I comment out this line, the error does not recur. How can I fix
this, please?

Lucien
--
If you receive this by error, please delete it and inform the sender.
PGP Key fingerprint=F1C0 D9AE 1B18 1405 4DFA  B4CC 6DC7 FF78 C76E FB15