Re: Rendering ... ???

Hi,

> Hi,

> For some time now, (Yes I have been lazy not reporting this), I get a
> hanging XEmacs for some pages. XEmacs displays "Rendering ..." in the
> mini-buffer and hangs. I guess it is waiting for some input from the
> w3m process. Killing the w3m process brings back control to
> XEmacs.

> I'm getting this with:
>     w3m : w3m version w3m/0.3.1+cvs-1.416
>     emacs-version: "21.5  (beta7) \"broccoflower\" XEmacs Lucid"
>     emacs-w3m-version: "1.2.274"

Have you built XEmacs 21.5 with the configure option --with-mule?

As far as I know, the recent XEmacs 21.5 is broken on the coding
system `undecided'.  Because of this, the automatic decoding for
many coding systems doesn't work.  And also emacs-w3m doesn't
work for many web pages under XEmacs 21.5.

It is quite inconvenient for me, I cannot open Japanese files
without specifying the particular coding system.  And I cannot
follow XEmacs 21.5 on the emacs-w3m developing until Ben Wing
fixes the problem(s?).

Sorry for inconvenience.
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>