Re: local CGI

TSUCHIYA Masatoshi <tsuchiya@pine.kuee.kyoto-u.ac.jp>:

> When your extension is implemented as an emacs-lisp command, you can
> bound it to a key with define-key function as follows:

how would i bind an extension that is supposed to work in w3m as well
in emacs-lisp?  no, you misunderstood me:  the extension is a local
CGI implemented in scheme (siod, to be precise), and to bind it to a
key i had to replace the dictionary command.  therefore, it does
_not_ work in emacs-w3m, because this has it's own keybindings.

is there any other way to do this, ie. bind a local CGI to a key?
which works in w3m?

>   (define-key w3m-mode-map [example] 'your-extension)

so my extension would have to be an interactive lambda to
'browse-url, which works for every browser configured, this is not
w3m specific.

but the matter goes more an dmore off-topic.  i started this thread
to be able to set an environment variable so that i can use nntp: and
news: urls with another usenet host than is specified by NNTPHOST.

the problem is with message-ids.  i sometimes have to check message
ids.  if i could specify usenet-message-ids together with any host i
want somehow, i'd like to know that.

thanks,

  clemens