Re: customizing w3m-search-* variables in .emacs-w3m file

>> I think there's no problem even if the w3m-search.el module is
>> always loaded by w3m.el.  How do you think about it?

> It doesn't sound quite right to me: if you go down that road, you'll
> end up loading all the external modules in w3m.el...

Yup!  What you say is true.

> Maybe telling people to (require 'w3m-search) in their ~/.emacs-w3m
> before accessing the alists is a better option?

On second thoughts, I remembered that customizing user options
by the custom feature is the custom of Emacs.  So, maybe we can
say in the "Customizable options" info node:

All those emacs-w3m options can be customized by `M-x customize-
option' or `M-x customize-group'.  You may put Lisp expressions
directly into ~/.emacs-w3m (or even ~/.emacs) instead as follows:

(setq w3m-home-page "http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/";)

However, please note that some options have a significant value
and won't be defined when ~/.emacs-w3m is loaded by w3m.elc.
The `w3m-search-quick-search-engine-alist' option is a typical
example.  See "Adding New Search Engines"...
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>