Re: Call for info writers

Masatake YAMATO <jet@gyve.org> writes:

> I'd like to write M-x <function> explicitly for info-like-map user.

Hm.  I thought we were going to provide a full map in the
documentation, so that Info-map users can find what keys do what?  This
information belongs there.

> We have written about key bindings based on only lynx-like-map.  I
> think if writing also M-x <function>, info-like-map user can do M-x
> where-is easily to find where the function is bound-to in
> info-like-map.

That's true, however we agreed on the fact that we'd use the lynx-like
map for all key bindings in the documentation and giving the function
name doesn't really add information in that case.  As someone
previously observed, Info-map users are probably skilled enough to use
something like `C-h m' to find by themselves the right bindings; or
they can read the Info-map related nodes in the documentation.

> This is just another ugly notation?

It's just useless, I think.  Yamaoka-san, what do you think?

--
Romain FRANCOISE <romain@orebokech.com> | I'm flooded out with energy,
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | energy and deceit.