Re: w3mnav.el

Hi,

Thank you for introducing a good program.

> Thank you for emacs-w3m.  w3mnav.el adds a few more Info-like commands:

>     http://www.neilvandyke.org/w3mnav/w3mnav.el

Well, though I still seldom encounter urls to which it is
helpful, I think that should be a good feature.  Please let me
make some suggestions:

1. Make it one official module of emacs-w3m as w3m-nav.el.
   Replace symbol prefixes w3mnav-' to `w3m-nav-'.
   Make w3m.el autoload w3m-nav.el for the navigation commands.

2. Don't use quack.el.  Since quack-without-side-whitespace is a
   small function, it can be included in w3m-nav.el.

3. Provide three options like; w3m-nav-next-names,
   w3m-nav-prev-names, and w3m-nav-top-names.  For example:

   (defcustom w3m-nav-next-names
     '("next" "next page" ">>" "next page >>>")
     "DOC"
     ARGS)

   (defun w3m-nav-go-next ()
     (interactive)
     (w3mnav-go w3m-nav-next-names "next"))

4. w3mnav-different-browser is substitutable with
   w3m-view-url-with-external-browser, isn't it?

5. Define keys and menu in w3m.el.  There's a difficulty.

I am negative to divert the keys already defined, especially for
the default Lynx-like map.  Isn't it possible to replace the
default keys with others?  Of course, changing them by users
themselves is free (though, there's a problem in our todo list
that redefining keys is currently not easy).

P.S.
When w3m-nav.el is integrated into emacs-w3m, the copyright
holder might become TSUCHIYA Masatoshi.  Could you consent?
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>