Re: w3m-search-engine-alist

Hi,

> Thank you for the w3m-search.el program.  It is very useful.

We're very honored.  Thanks!

> I am using a nice search engine, http://www.alltheweb.com/, where
> some developers use lisp.  I like to support lispers.  I think it
> would be nice to include their search engine in your default list:

> ("fast" "http://www.alltheweb.com/search?web&_sb_lang=ja&cs=euc-jp&q=%s"; euc-japan)
> ("fast-en" "http://www.alltheweb.com/search?web&_sb_lang=en&q=%s"; nil)

Thank you for the suggestion.  I'd like to add them to the
emacs-w3m's default, but...

> They also have nice localization for Japanese, even though they
> are based in Norway!

Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be useful for Japanese.  There
are some coding-systems used in the Japanese web sites:
shift_jis, euc-japan, iso-2022-jp, etc.  The search result of
http://www.alltheweb.com/ contains texts just as they were in
those sites.  What is worse, all escape characters have been
stripped from iso-2022-jp encoded text.  I think the search
engine should convert them to be unified into one coding-system.
It will probably be fixed in the future, though. :)

In addition, is the name "fast" really pertinent?  What should
we do if a faster site appears? :-p
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>