Re: emacs-w3m & vm

Hi,

> I just found this msg from a google search, while I was looking for
> clues on integrating w3m with VM:

>    http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/ml/msg03869.html

Hm, I noticed I shouldn't contain a reachable mail address in
the message body in order not to increase spams any more.  Oh,
you aren't, thanks for your precious message. :)

> I'm not an expert in VM either (or w3m, for that matter) but this
> seems easy - the only place I can find w3 being invoked is in a call
> to w3-region: finding w3m-region existed, I substituted that and all
> seems to work fine.

That's a good news.  So, I send a CC to the emacs-w3m list.  We
are ready to accept changes of emacs-w3m, e.g. adding hooks or
VM specific functions, if it is needed.

> I'll send an email to the VM maintainers too.

> One suggestion: would it be a good idea in cases like these for
> emacs-w3m to have a w3 drop-in replacement mode?

What thing is it concretely?  If it is to have something like

(defalias 'w3-region 'w3m-region)

in w3m.el, it is not my liking. :-p
--
Katsumi Yamaoka <yamaoka@jpl.org>